Youth Protection Core Training
Recorded in Effingham, IL
Community of Christ is committed to ensuring a safe environment for all persons, especially including the most vulnerable: children. With congregations around the globe, our desire is to ensure that all persons are welcome and accepted, in safety.
In order to help address that goal, we require that everyone who works with children and youth in our congregation’s ministries & activities, at Mission Center level events, and at World Church level events, be a Registered Youth Worker. We also require that all ministers within Community of Christ be Registered Youth Workers.
Whenever possible, we recommend and suggest that you attend a Youth Worker Core Training session in-person, where you can best benefit from the interaction with others, ask questions, and explore options and answers in community.
The following resources are available for review, and when an in-person training class is not available for you.
(These links will open in a new tab or window. Please ensure your pop-up blockers are disabled for this site)
- Recorded Training Session (flv video) (4/5/17)
- Activity 2 Worksheet (3/31/17)
- please print a copy and have it available during the video class
- Youth Worker Application form:
choose Word format or PDF format (3/31/17)
- please print a copy
- complete pages 1-3
- submit to your congregation‘s Pastor or Youth Worker Coordinator
- Read and become familiar with the Social Media Code of Conduct when working with Children and Young People
- Review and become familiar with these Youth Protection references & resources
Once you’ve completed this training, please complete the form below, so we can ensure your training record is updated.
Once you’re done: (4/5/17)
Please complete this online form:
I have completed the video training, and have submitted my Youth Worker Application form.
Thank you, for taking time to help protect the children and youth that we share with!
More questions? Please contact Joan Munter, BCMC President (JMunter@CofChrist.org)